Sitting in a single location for 20 minutes, take notes focusing exclusively on the sounds you can hear.
- Right now I hear room tone and the sound of my hand sliding across the page as I write
- My Facebook notification sound just went off
- The neighbor’s dog barked
- My air mattress creaks as I move to check my phone
- The Facebook Messenger sound when someone is typing
- Some sort of creaking in the wall below my window
- The window blowing through the trees and rustling the leaves
- Creaking wall again
- Wind in the leaves again
- Periscope notification letting me know someone is live
- Should I make note of my breathing?
- My alarm letting me know 20 minutes is over